Information at your fingertips.
It’s easy. Just follow our easy steps to begin enjoying the benefits that only Banco Popular can offer you.
1. Open your new Banco Popular account by:
- Applying Online. Find your Popular Account or open an
- Visiting any Banco Popular branch. Locate your nearest branch.
- Calling TeleBanco Popular® (787) 724-3659 (Puerto Rico) or 1-888-724-3659 (United States / Virgin Islands).
Sign up for Internet Banking
, you can verify your account balance and view all your transactions accounts within Popular, make payments and transfer funds, receive alerts and much more.
3. Switch your automatic payments and direct deposits to your new Banco Popular account. Print out and complete the following forms and send them to the institutions that debit and credit your previous account.
Notice of Change for Automatic Payments
Notification of Change for Direct Deposit
Please check with your current employer before submitting this form. Many companies have their own direct deposit form.
If you would like to switch your Social Security payments, is not necessary to send a letter. Changes may be made by calling Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or go to www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm
4. Close your previous Bank account(s) after all of your direct deposits and automatic payments have been switched to Banco Popular and all of your outstanding checks have cleared. Please use the Account Closing Letter to notify your previous financial institution to close your account and to send you a check with your remaining balance.
If you need assistance, call us anytime at (787) 724-3659 or 1-888-724-3659 (United States / Virgin Islands) and we will gladly assist you with the process.
Open your account today