- Guaranteed interest rate for the term you choose
- Minimum initial deposit: $500
- Available terms: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 10 years
- Principal and Interests are insured by the FDIC up to $250,000
- The interest rate in a fixed-term deposit is guaranteed for the term of the deposit. Once the instrument is opened, no additional deposits or withdrawals are allowed prior to the maturity date.
- Penalty for early withdrawal or cancellation prior to maturity is 180 days of interest. Penalties from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may apply.
- Interest is computed daily on the daily balance and accredited monthly.
- The method used to compute the interest is the daily balance. This method applies to the account’s principal daily periodic rate.
- When the account opening or the deposit is made through cash or non-cash items (e.g. checks), interest begins to accrue on the working day in which the transaction takes place.
- Deposits are renewed automatically at maturity, in periods of equal duration. There are no grace periods for renewals.
- Processing charge: $10.00 per instrument on withdrawals before age 70 and returns of excess contributions; $25.00 per instrument for rollovers to other eligible institutions.
- IRA accounts are available only for current residents of the USVI
- To open your IRA accounts visit any of our branches.
Popular offers various investment alternatives. You should obtain detailed information to determine which is best suited to your needs.